Mundi Cantant – Absolute winner competition
- Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant” is the second round of competition Mundi Cantant.
- Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant” is held without age and category differentiation. Choirs are qualified on the basis of final evaluation of competition “Mundi Cantant”. Only golden medal winners might be qualified.
- Maximum number of finalists is 5. Qualified are choirs with highest obtained number of points in all categories of children`s, youth, adult and chamber choirs, in golden award levels.
- Qualification of choirs will be announced at the “Mundi Cantant” competition awarding ceremony (on Saturday June 2, 2018). Absolute winner competition will be held in the evening of Saturday June 2, 2018. Finalists must notify programme of their performances to the organisers immediately after announcement of nomination.
- Qualification: If more choirs reach same result in more categories, finalist’s place will belong to the choirs with second best result.
- Qualification: If the finalist decides not to participate in the Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant”, the place will be taken by choir with the second best result.
- Qualification: In case of equality of points between choirs, the finalist might be selected by the jury vote, which be held publicly at the announcement of the results.
- Competition compositions: There are no repertoire restrictions in the Absolute winner competition. Compositions used in “Mundi Cantant” competition before may be performed again.
- Time limit: Clear limit of 10 minutes is given for each choir. Clear time does not include time taken by moves on/off stage, between pieces, or applause.
- Competition jury: Performances are evaluated by the jury of “Mundi Cantant” competition and host conductors headed by chairman of the jury. A list of jury members will be available in the programme of the Absolute winner competition as well in the result list of the competition.
- Competition jury: Conductors of participating choirs are invited to the host jury of the Absolute winner competition with exclusion of conductors of performing choirs.
- Evaluation system: Each judge has 1 vote at disposal, which may be given to the one performing choirs. The chairman of the jury has 2 votes at disposal. The chairman of the jury makes use of the second vote only in case of draw between choirs. Choir with most obtained votes becomes the Absolute winner of “Mundi Cantant” competition.
- Equality of votes: In case of draw the deciding vote is awarded by chairman of the jury.
- Announcement of the results: Voting of jurors is public.
- Title and prices: The Absolute winner of “Mundi Cantant” competition belongs to the choirs with most jury votes. The rewards may be either financial or non-financial. In case rewards are announced, the information will be posted on the website of the festival’s organiser (www.festamusicale.com).