Grand Prix Thailand
- Grand Prix Thailand competition is opened to non-professional choirs.
- Competition categories participation: Choir may take part in one or more competition categories.
- Age limit and number of singers: Organisers require a list of singers with marked birth dates.
- Instrumental accompaniment: In all competition categories one composition must be performed “a capella”.
- Competition compositions: The choir must send (by email and post) 5 copies of compositions and list of compositions containing full name of compositions, name of composer, time duration of each composition before the application deadline. Changes in programme must be notified before July 10, 2018. Programme must be performed in order given in the list of compositions and printed festival brochure.
- Competition compositions: If the choir participates in more than one category, different repertoire must be prepared for each category. Each composition can be performed only once except the Absolute winner competition.
- Competition compositions: Changes of tonality, arrangements or other adjustments must be marked in the scores.
- Competition compositions: Copies of compositions are not returned, they will remain in the festival archive.
- Sound amplification, sound engineering and piano accompaniment: Performances in all categories will be running without microphones and other devices. An acoustic or electric piano will be available for tone indicating or accompaniment.
- Acoustic rehearsal at competition venue: Maximum time limit for acoustic rehearsal at competition venue is 10 minutes (including moves on/off stage). If time limit is exceeds, the rehearsal will be terminated by organisers. Rehearsal time is stated by organisers. Given rehearsal time is fixed and must be respected. If date or time of rehearsal is disrespected or violated, no other rehearsal time may be given. Acoustic rehearsal will take place usually one day before relevant performance in time range 7:30 am – 22:30 pm.
- Competition venue: Each choir has to register at the authorized stage manager of competition venue. The stage manager will assign each choir their vocalising room and dressing room. Time limit for vocalising room occupation is 10 minutes. Minimum time for dressing room occupation is 20 minutes; maximum time will be limited by current capacity. All participants are obliged to respect time schedules and instructions given at competition venue.
- Competition jury: Performance will be evaluated by an international jury headed by the chairman of the jury. The decision of jury is final.
- The main rating elements are:
- Programme difficulty
- Singing skill
- General artistic impression
Honourable appreciation I – II (1.00 – 2.99 points)
Bronze medal III – X (3.00 – 10.99 points)
Silver medal I – X (11.00 – 20.99 points)
Gold medal I – X (21.00 – 30.00 points)
Absolute winner competition nomination I – V