Mundi Cantant – Absolute winner competition
- Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant” is the second round of competition Mundi Cantant.
- Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant” is held without age and category differenciation. Choirs are qualified on the final evaluation of competition “Mundi Cantant” basis. Only golden medal winners might be qualified.
- Maximum number of finalists is 5. The qualified choirs must have obtained the highest number of points in all categories of children’s, youth, adult chamber and senior choirs, in golden award levels.
- Qualification of choirs will be announced at the “Mundi Cantant” competition awarding ceremony. Absolute winner competition will be held in the evening of Saturday June 1, 2019. Finalists must notify the programme of their performances to the organisers immediately after announcement of nomination.
- Qualification: If more choirs reach same result in more categories, finalist’s place will belong to the choirs with the second best result.
- Qualification: If the finalist decides not to participate in the Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant”, the place will be taken by choir with the second best result.
- Qualification: In case of equality of points between choirs, the finalist might be selected by the jury vote, which will take place in pubic at the announcement of the results.
- Competition compositions: There are no repertoire restrictions in the Absolute winner competition. Compositions used in “Mundi Cantant” competition may be performed again.
- Time limit: The singing time given to each choir is 10 minutes. This time does not include time taken by entering/exiting the stage, time between pieces or time incurred by applause.
- Competition jury: Performances are evaluated by the jury of the International Choir Competition Mundi Cantant and host conductors headed by the chairman of the jury. A list of jury members will be available at the competition venue in the programme of the Absolute Winner Competition as well in the results list of the competition.
- Competition jury: Conductors of the participating choirs are invited to the host jury of the Absolute Winner Competition with the exception of conductors of the performing choirs.
- Evaluation system: Each judge has 1 vote at their disposal, which they will give to one of the performing choirs. The chairman of the jury has 2 votes at his disposal. The chairman of the jury may use the second vote only in case of a draw. The choir with the highest number of obtained points becomes the Absolute winner of “Mundi Cantant” competition.
- Equality of votes: In case of a draw the deciding vote is awarded by chairman of the jury.
- Announcement of the results: Voting of jurors is public.
- Title and prices: The title “Absolute winner of Mundi Cantant Competition ” belongs to the choir with the highest number of obtained jury votes. The rewards may be either financial or non-financial. In case that rewards are announced, information about them will be posted on the website of the organiser of the festival. The website is available at: www.festamusicale.com.