Mundi Cantant – Absolute winner competition
- Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant” is the second round of competition Mundi Cantant.
- Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant” is held without an age and category differenciation. Choirs qualify based on the final evaluation of “Mundi Cantant” competition. Only golden medal winners can qualify.
- Maximum number of finalists is 5. The qualified choirs must have obtained the highest number of points in all categories of children’s, youth, adult, chamber and senior choirs, in golden award levels.
- Qualification of choirs will be announced at the “Mundi Cantant” competition awards ceremony. Absolute winner competition of “Mundi Cantant“ will be held in the evening on Saturday June 6, 2020. Finalists must let know the programme of their performances to the organisers immediately after announcement of nomination.
- Qualification: If any choir achieves the same result in more than one category, finalist’s place will be offered to the choir with the second-best result.
- Qualification: If any of the qualified choirs decide not to participate in the Competition for Absolute Winner of “Mundi Cantant”, its place will be taken by the choir with the second-best result.
- Qualification: In case of equality of points between choirs, the finalist will be chosen by the jury vote, which will take place in public at the announcement of the results of “Mundi Cantant“.
- Competition compositions: There are no repertoire restrictions in the Competition for Absolute Winner of “Mundi Cantant“. Compositions used in “Mundi Cantant” competition may be performed again.
- Time limit: The singing time for each choir is 10 minutes. This does not include time taken by entering/leaving the stage, time between pieces or time taken by applause.
- Competition jury: Performances are evaluated by the jury of the International Choir Competition “Mundi Cantant” and guest conductors. A list of jury members will be available at the competition venue in the programme of the Competition for Absolute Winner as well as in the results list of the competition.
- Competition jury: All conductors of the participating choirs of “Mundi Cantant“ are invited into the jury of the Competition for Absolute Winner of “Mundi Cantant“ with the exception of conductors of the performing choirs.
- Evaluation system: Each judge has 1 vote at their disposal, which they give to one of the performing choirs. The chairman of the jury has 2 votes at his disposal. The chairman of the jury may use the second vote only in case of a draw. The choir with the highest number of obtained votes becomes the Absolute Winner of “Mundi Cantant” competition.
- Equality of votes: In case of a draw the casting vote is awarded by chairman of the jury.
- Announcement of the results: Voting of judges is public.
- Title and prices: The title “Absolute winner of Mundi Cantant Competition” belongs to the choir with the highest number of obtained jury votes. The rewards may be either financial or non-financial for both the winner and the finalists of the competition. In case that rewards are announced, information about them will be posted on the website of the organiser of the festival. The website is available at: www.festamusicale.com.