- International competition of youth orchestras “Harmonia Iuvenalis” is open for young musicians under 30 years of age.
- Age limit: Majority of musicians must not reach age limit of 30 years by the date of competition. Organisers allow exceptions for 20 % of musicians. Musicians are obliged report this occasion to organisers in advance. There is not defined age limit for conductors.
- Orchestration & number of musicians: Orchestration in category symphony orchestras is unlimited. In category of chamber orchestras, participation of ensembles with winds is presumed. Number of players in categories is unlimited.
- Age limit and number of musicians: Organisers require list of participants with marked birth dates.
- Time limit: Clear time limit between 20 – 30 minutes is given in all categories. Clear time does not include time taken by moves on/off stage, time between pieces or applause. In case the time limit is exceeded the jury will terminate the competition performance.
- Competition repertoire: In all categories an ensemble must perform one domestic composition from ensemble’s country of origin. The rest of the repertoire is not limited. Selections of compositions should be contrasting. Compositions for orchestra and soloist are not allowed.
- Competition repertoire: The ensemble must send by post 5 copies of compositions and list of compositions containing full name of compositions, name of composer, time duration of each composition and orchestration before the application deadline. Programme must be performed in order given in the list of compositions and printed festival brochure.
- Competition compositions: Copies of compositions are not returned, they will remain in the festival’s archive.
- Acoustic rehearsal at competition venue: Time limit for acoustic rehearsal at competition venue is 30 – 45 minutes (including moves on/off stage). If time limit is exceeds, the rehearsal will be terminated by organisers. Rehearsal time is stated by organisers. Given rehearsal time is fixed and must be respected. If date or time of rehearsal is disrespected or violated, no other rehearsal time may be given. Acoustic rehearsal will take place usually one day before relevant performance in time range 7:30 am – 10:30 pm.
- Competition venue: Each ensemble has to register at the authorized stage manager of competition venue. The stage manager will assign each ensemble dressing room. All participants are obliged to respect time schedules and instructions given at competition venue.
- Competition jury: Performance will be evaluated by international jury headed by the chairman of the jury. The decision of jury is final.
- The main rating elements are:
- Repertoire difficulty and selection
- Technical skill
- General artistic impression (intonation, rhythm, dynamics, etc.)
- Evaluation system: Each judge has a maximum of 30 points at disposal, distributed according to rating elements. The average number of points is calculated on the basis of the total number of points awarded by the jury. The Awards with the relevant levels are presented according to the number of points received. Golden and silver Award (medal) has ten levels (I – low level; X – high level), bronze award has 8 levels. The awards are not limited in number.
- Evaluation documentation: After announcement of the results will be held meeting of conductors and jurors. Conductors have opportunity to discuss jurors’ comments immediately. Individual evaluation sheets of jurors with comments will be available after the festival.
- Title and prices: In the competition “Harmonia Iuvenalis” rewards might be announced. The rewards may be either financial or non-financial. In case rewards are announced, the information will be posted on the website of the festival’s organiser (www.festamusicale.com).
Honourable mention I – II (1.00 – 2.99 points)
Bronze medal III – X (3.00 – 10.99 points)
Silver medal I – X (11.00 – 20.99 points)
Gold medal I – X (21.00 – 30.00 points)