Grand Prix Thailand 2020
- Grand Prix Thailand competition is open to amateur choirs.
- Competition categories participation: Choirs can compete in an unlimited number of categories.
- Age limit and number of singers: Organisers require that a list of singers with their full name and date of birth is submitted in advance for choirs competing in categories limited by age.
- Instrumental accompaniment: In all competition categories at least one full composition must be performed “a capella”.
- Competition compositions: A list of competition pieces containing full names of composers, titles of pieces, cycles and durations must be submitted no later than the day of the application deadline. 5 hard copies of music scores must be sent by post as well as an electronic copy via email. The programme must be performed in the order stated on the list of competition pieces and as it is printed in the festival brochure. Any changes in programme must be reported to organisers no later than July 1, 2020.
- Competition compositions: If a choir competes in more than one category, a different repertoire must be prepared for each category. Each composition can be performed only once, except for the Absolute Winner Competition of Grand Prix Thailand
- Competition compositions: Transpositions or other unauthorised adjustments to the music must be indicated in the submitted score and organisers must be informed about this in advance.
- Competition compositions: Copies of scores are not returned, as they will remain in the festival archive.
- Sound amplification, sound engineering and piano accompaniment: Performances in all categories will be running without microphones or other amplification devices. An acoustic or electric piano will be available for giving a starting note or accompaniment.
- Acoustic rehearsal at competition venue: The maximum time provided for an acoustic rehearsal of a choir at the competition venue is 10 minutes (including entering/exiting the stage). The rehearsal time is stated by the organisers. The rehearsal time is fixed and must be respected. If the time limit is exceeded, the rehearsal will be terminated by the organisers. If the given date or time of a rehearsal is not complied with, no other rehearsal time will be arranged. Given the limited capacity of the competition venues, acoustic rehearsals will usually take place one day (but not exclusively) before a competition performance of a given choir from 7:30am to 10:00pm.
- Competition venue: Each choir has to register with an authorised stage manager of a competition venue. The stage manager will assign each choir their dressing room and each choir also a warm-up room. The minimum time for occupancy of the dressing room is 20 minutes. The maximum time will be limited by capacity and current utilisation of the dressing rooms. All participants are obliged to respect the time schedules at the competition venue and follow instructions of the organisers.
- Competition jury: Performances will be judged by an international jury headed by the chairman of the jury. The decision of the jury is final.
- Evaluation system: Each judge has a maximum of 30 points at their disposal which are awarded according to the evaluation criteria. The final score is calculated as an average of the total number of points awarded by the jury. Based on the final score, choirs and ensembles receive an award in a corresponding award level . The golden and silver awards (medal) have ten levels (I – the lowest level; X – the highest level), and the bronze award has 8 levels (III – the lowest; X the highest). The awards are not limited in number.
Honourable mention I – II (1.00 – 2.99 points)
Bronze medal III – X (3.00 – 10.99 points)
Silver medal I – X (11.00 – 20.99 points)
Gold medal I – X (21.00 – 30.00 points)
- Evaluation documentation: After the announcement of results, choirmasters and conductors will have the opportunity to meet the jury who will give them feedback on their performance. The evaluation sheets of jurors with comments will be available in electronic form after the festival.